History of Caldicott

In 1902 E Kellett and J Heald Jenkins were teachers at The Leys School in Cambridge, who thought it would be a good idea to create a prep school for The Leys and to prepare boys for life at public school. JHS McArthur was a wealthy Leys parent who offered to put up the money to start the school which opened in 1904 in Hitchin, Hertfordshire. J Heald Jenkins named the school after his new wife, Theodora Caldicott Ingram. The school started with 24 boys.

 

History of Caldicott 1

 

In 1938, the School moved to the current Farnham Royal location where the school continues to thrive and develop today in the same vision of the first Headmaster, Mr J Heald Jenkins; believing decency, tolerance and humanity would enable each boy to ‘shine their light on the world’. 

 

History of Caldicott 2

 

Further reads: